GEDC 2008 Paris Conference
As a follow up event to meetings and discussions in 2007, engineering deans and leaders held a meeting for the Founding Executive Committee of the GEDC in Paris, France. At the end of the event, leaders came together to sign the Paris Declaration (available in "Publications"), which was published thanks to the support and initiative of Dassault Systemes.
Host: Xavier Fouger, Director of Dassault Systemes Global Learning and PLM Academy
Sponsors: Dassault Systemes and Hewlett Packard
Location: Paris, France
Date: May 8-9, 2008
Event Information and Schedule:
Thursday - May 8, 2008
Venue: Aero Club de France - 6, rue Galilée
3:00 pm: Welcome and Introductions
7:00 pm: Dinner with IFEES ExCo Members
• IFEES mission, vision and strategies
Friday - May 9, 2008
Venue: House of Alumni of the ‘‘Arts et Metiers’’ School - 9 bis, avenue d’léna
8:30 am - 12 noon
GEDC mission, vision and strategies
• Major challenges, opportunities and needs
• The GEDC relationship with principal stakeholders
• Existing country based engineering deans councils/institutes/organizations/societies
• Relationship with industry partners; mode of engagement
Discussion of one or two key initiatives to kick-off GEDC
12 noon - 3:00 pm
Lunch and Open Discussion with IFEES Executive Committee
• How can the GEDC be sustained?
• What is the GEDC’s role and leadership position within IFEES?
• Is there a role for other stakeholders in the GEDC?
3:00 pm - 5:30 pm
• Approval of Bylaws
• Election of ExCo officials
• Date/venue of first full GEDC meeting
• The GEDC ExCo meetings and communication schedule
7:00 pm: Dinner - Interchange between IFEES ExCo and GEDC ExCo