Vice-Chancellor of Research and Development, Swinburne University
Dean of Engineering at RMIT University
Current International Activities:
National Association of Aviation and Aerospace Industries (AA)
Society of Automotive Engineers Australasia (SAE-A)
International Journal of Vehicle Design
Australian Council of Engineering Deans, ACED
Academic Leadership Experience:
Associate Professor, Deputy Head of Department, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, RMIT University, 2000-2002
Professor and Discipline Head - Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, RMIT University, 2003-2008
Professor and Head of School, Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, RMIT University, 2008-2012
Dean of Engineering and Head of School, Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, RMIT University, 2012-Present
Areas of Research:
Engineering Design: Mechanical, Biomechanical and Automotive
Design for X, Sustainable Product Design and Development
Systems Modelling and Design Optimisation
Sports Engineering, Digital Design and Manufacturing of Sports Products
Selected Published Articles and Works:
- Subic, A., Wulf-Peter Schmidt, Leary, M. and Koopmans, L. (2012). Management and Design of Sustainable Automotive Technologies. Springer, Berlin.
- Subic, A., Wellnitz, J., Leary, M. and Koopmans, L. (2012). Sustainable Automotive Technologies III. Springer, Berlin.
- Subic, A., Schiavone, F., Leary, M. and Manning, J., (2010). Comparative Life Cycle Assessment of Passenger Seat Effects on Different Car Models. International Journal of Vehicle Design, Vol. 53, No. 3/4, pp. 88-108
- Subic, A. and Cvetkovic, D. (2008). Virtual Design and Development of Compact Fast-acting Fuel Injector Solenoid Actuator. International Journal of Vehicle Design, IJVD, Volume 46, No. 3, pp 309-327.
- Storey, I. Bourmistrova, A. and Subic, A. (2008). Performance Measures of Comfort and Rattlespace usage for Limited - Stroke Vehicle Suspension Systems. International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration. Volume 13, No. 2, pp. 1-9.
- Subic, A., Clifton, P., Beneyto-Ferre, J., Le Flohic, A., Sato, Y. and Pichon, V. (2008). Investigation of Snowboard Stiffness and Chamber Characteristics for Different Riding Styles. Sports Engineering, Vol. 11, no. 2.
Awards and Accomplishments:
The Erskine Fellowship awarded by the University of Canterbury, Christchurch
The ISPO-TUM International Academic Innovation Award, ISPO/Technical University of Mynich
Japan Society for the Promotion of Science Fellowship Award, JSME/JSEA
RMIT Vice Chancellor's Award for Research Excellence 2006-2009
ISEA Award for Substantial Contribution to Sports Engineering, Singapore
Chair of the International Congress on Sports Dynamics, Melbourne
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Belgrade
M.Eng.Sci. University of Belgrade
Graduate Certificate in Higher Education, Univeristy of Ballarat
Ph.D. University of Belgrade