Yogesh J. Bhalerao
Educational Qualification: BE (Mechanical), ME (Mechanical), PhD (Mechanical) Post Doc
Bhausaheb Firodiya High
First Class Dist.
Bhausaheb Firodiya High
82 % PCM-93 %
First Class Dist.
66 % First Class Dist.
ME (Heat-Power) 2000-2001
First Class Dist.
Dec – 2008
Government College of
Dean, R and D, Govt.COE, Pune-5
Post PhD (Mechanical
May – 2012 onwards
Liverpool John Moores
University, Liverpool United Kingdom
Guide: Dr. Michael
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
International Journals –12
1. R.G. Tated, Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Development of an empirical mathematical model for evaluating wear of T42 HSS due to turning parameters using Taguchi method” at International Journal of Engineering Research and Industrial Applications, Volume 1, No.V (2008), pp 39 – 52.
2. Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Thermal Analysis of Surface Grinding Process by using Design of Experiments (Part – I)” Technical Paper, Society of Manufacturing Engineers, USA. 2008. http://www.sme.org/ProductDetail.aspx?id=46982
3. Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Thermal Analysis of Surface Grinding Process by using Design of Experiments Part – II” at International Journal of Engineering Research and Industrial Applications. Volume – I, No. – 1, 2008 pp 13 – 29. www.ascent- journals.com/IJERIA/Vol1No1/Paper-2.pdf
4. Prafulla Hatte and Dr. Y. J. Bhalerao “Mathematical Modeling of variable compression ratio engine operating on gasoline ethanol blend” International Journal of Computer Applications, Proceedings of International Conference in Computational Intelligence, March 2012, ISBN: 978-93-80866-61-4. http://www.ijcaonline.org/proceedings/iccia/number3/5110-1022
5. Akhil Garg, Yogesh Bhalerao and Kang Tai “Review of Empirical Modeling techniques in modeling of turning process” International Journal of Modeling, Identification and Control, Vol. 20, No.2, 2013. Pp. 121 – 129, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd., UK http://www.inderscience.com/info/inarticle.php?artid=56184
6. Venkatesh Vijayaraghavan, Akhil Garg, Yogesh Bhalerao, Chee How Wong and Kang Tai “Predicting the mechanical characteristics of hydrogen functionalized graphene sheets using ANN approach” Journal of Nanostructure in Chemistry, Springer Publication, 10.1186/2193- 8865-3-83. Page 1 – 5, 2013. http://www.jnanochem.com/content/3/1/83.
7. Sachin Ghalme, Dr. Y.J. Bhalerao and A. Mankar “Effect of Lubricant Viscosity and Surface Roughness on Coefficient of Friction in Rolling Contract ” J of Tribology in Industry Vol. 35, No. 4. 2013 pp 330 – 336.
8. A. Garg, V. Vijayaraghavan , C.H. Wong, K. Tai, Pravin M. Singru, L. Gao and Y.Bhalerao “General regression neural network model for the evaluation of geometry dependent mechanical characteristics of carbon nanotubes” Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE A, Springer Publication. Accepted. http://www.springer.com/engineering/mechanical+engineering/journal/11582
9. Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Life Models in Rolling Contact Fatigue” Transaction on Control and Mechanical Systems, Vol. 2, No. 10, 2013 pp 380 – 384. http://www.tsest.org/index.php/TCMS/article/view/227/143
10. Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Biomaterials in Hip Joint Replacement” International Journal of Material Science and Engineering, Volume 4, No.2, 2016 pp 113 – 125.
11. Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Modeling of wear performance of Si3N4-hBN Composite using Artificial Neural Network (ANN)” CiiT International Journal of Artificial Intelligence Systems and Machine Learning, Vol 8, No. 02, 2016 pp 62 – 65. http://www.ciitresearch.org/dl/index.php/aiml/article/view/AIML022016006
12. Sachin Ghalme, A Mankar and Y J Bhalerao “Parameter Optimization in milling of glass fiber reinforced plastic (GFRP) using DOE – Taguchi Method” Springer Plus, 2016 5:1376, Published on 22 August 2016.
International Conferences – 13
1. Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Thermal Analysis of Dry Grinding Process” at International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai 2006.
2. Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Thermal Analysis of Grinding Process” at 5th International
Conference on Computational Heat and Mass Transfer, Canmore, June 18 – 22 2007, Canada.
3. Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Thermal Analysis of Surface Grinding Process by using Design of Experiments (Part – I)” at SME International Grinding Conference, Dearborn, Michigan, Sept 25 – 28, 2007, USA.
4. Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Thermal modeling of wet grinding process by using design of experiments” at 2nd International & 23rd All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference, IIT Madras, Chennai, December – 2008.
5. Y.J. Bhalerao and S.R. Kajale “Thermal Analysis of wet grinding process” International Conference of Industrial Tribology, 2008, Key Note Paper, New Delhi, 4 – 6th November 2008.
6. Y. J. Bhalerao “Thermal Analysis of Wet Grinding Process by using Design of Experiments” 5th International Conference on Diffusion in Solids and Liquids, 24 – 26 June, 2009, Rome, Italy
7. Dr. S.R. Kajale and Y.J. Bhalerao “Thermal Analysis of Grinding Process” at 18thNational &
7th ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, IIT, Guwahati. January – 2006. www.iitg.ac.in/hmtc/asme_figures/abstract_status_a_to_m.pdf
8. Dr. S.R. Kajale and Y.J. Bhalerao “Thermal Analysis of Surface Grinding Process by using Design of Experiments (Part-II)” at 19thNational & 8th ISHMT-ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, JNTU, Hyderabad. January – 2008.
9. Y. J. Bhalerao “Thermal modeling of Wet Grinding Process by using Design of Experiments” 20th National and 9th International ISHMT – ASME Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, 4 – 6 January, 2010, IIT, Powai, Mumbai, India
10. Anita Nene and Dr. Y. J. Bhalerao “Design and performance characterization of a scheffler reflector for medium temperature applications” International Conference on Product Development and Renewable Energy Resources, February 19 – 20, 2011, Hyderabad, India.
11. Prafulla Hatte and Dr. Y. J. Bhalerao “Experimental Investigation of performance of single cylinder VCR engine using ethanol gasoline blends” International Conference on Sunrise Technologies, 13 – 15 January 2011, SSVPS’s B.S. Deore College of Engineering and Polytechnic, Dhule
12. Sanjay Patil and Dr. Yogesh Bhalerao “Effect of dressing parameters on surface roughness and grinding ratio in surface grinding operation” 8th International Conference on Industrial Tribology, December 7 – 9, 2012, Pune, India.
13. Sanjay Patil and Dr. Yogesh Bhalerao “Determining of optimum level (conditions) of dressing parameters for work piece surface roughness in surface grinding operation” International Conference on Advances in Tribology, 21st – 24th February 2014, National Institute of Technology, Calicut, Kerala, India, Technology Letters pp. 168 – 171. www.icat14.com/pdf/Programme%20Schedule.pdf
National Conferences – 02
1. Dr. S.R. Kajale and Y.J. Bhalerao “A Simple Energy partitioning Model Between The Work piece And Abrasive Wheel For Dry Grinding” at AIM – 2005, Vasavi College of Engineering. 2005.
2. Y.J. Bhalerao and Dr. S.R. Kajale “Thermal Analysis of Dry Grinding Process using Moving Heat Source Theory” at National Conference on Recent Developments in Mechanical Engineering, Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala.
TOTAL RESEARCH GRANTS -
1. Rs. 2 Lakhs, BCUD, University of Pune for the project “Thermal Analysis of Surface Grinding Process” for the year 2007 – 08 and 2008 – 09. Status of the Project – Completed.
2. Rs. 30 Lakhs, as a Young Scientist Award from Department of Science and Technology (DST) under the FASTTRACK Scheme for young scientist for the project “Thermal Analysis of combined Face and Shoulder Cylindrical Grinding”. Status of the Project – Ongoing.
3. Rs. 11 Lakhs to a PhD student for the project “Temperature control in the machining processes with Optimum Quantity Lubrication” under the Scheme “ Empowerment and
Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science-2014” Science and Engineering Research Board, Government of India. Status of the Project – Ongoing
Research Collaborations – Dr. M.N. Morgan, AMTReL, General Engineering Research Institute, Faculty of Technology and Environment, Liverpool John Moores University, Byrom Street, Liverpool, L3 3AF, UK. Jointly working on thermal analysis of various grinding processes and mass finishing processes.
PhD THESIS TOPIC – A Thermal Analysis of Grinding Process.
ME Dissertation Topic – Analysis of solar flat plate collector with variable glazing Working as an Assessor for National Assessment and Accreditation Council. http://www.naac.gov.in/
Recognized PG Teacher / Guide – University of Pune.
Recognized Ph.D. Guide –
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 04 students
EXPERIENCE: Total Years Of Experience: - 18 years.
INDUSTRIAL: - 01 year & 01 month
One month training in Kinetic Engg. Ltd. A’Nagar.
One year working in Business Electronics Dept. as a Logistics Engineer.
PHILIPS INDIA LTD. BHOSARI, PUNE-26
Working Period from 14th July 1998 to 13th July 1999.
TEACHING: - 17 years (Research Experience – 06 years)
Currently working as Director, and Professor of Mechanical Engineering Department at
MIT Pune’s MIT Academy of Engineering, Alandi, Pune. (www.mitaoe.ac.in) MIT AOE is a leading engineering college in Pune city and it offers various UG,PG and PhD courses in engineering. All the courses are accredited by
National Board of Accreditation (NBA – Member of Washington Accord) and “A” grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Department – Mechanical Engineering
Modern Education Society”s College of Engineering, Pune, India
– April 2004
MIT Academy of Engineering, Alandi, Pune, India
September 2005 –
October 2010 –
Principal and Professor
October 2011 –
Director and Professor
– Till Date
1. Heat Transfer
3. Fluid Mechanics
4. Engineering Drawing
5. Theory of Machines
6. Numerical Methods
LIFE MEMBER OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
1. ISTE, India 2. TSI, India 3. ISHMT, India 4. AES, USA
5. MIAENG, Hong Kong 6. MIACSIT, Singapore
Languages Known: -Auto lisp, TurboC, Operating Systems: - Windows 2000, MS DOS,
CAD CAM Packages: - Catia, I-deas 8 M, Ansys 5.4, Auto CAD –2007. Software Testing Manual Testing & Automated Testing : - Learning manual testing of software and Automated tools like Win runner & Web Application Stress tool.
MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer) ADOBE Photo-shop, GIF Animator, HTML,
Java-Script, VB-Script, ASP, Java, XML, WAP, Internet Programming. Completed 09 months certificate course of Web Page Designing & E- Commerce From ZAP InfoTech Pune-1.
1. Ranked first in ME (Heat Power) in Pune University .
2. Completed following test rigs as a project work from Part time degree students and full time degree students.
Francis Turbine, Pelton wheel, Nozzle Test Rig, Gear Pump Test Rig, Vane Pump Test Rig, Cam Jump Phenomenon Test Rig, Flat Plate Collector Working Apparatus, Vibration Test Rig (Can Conduct 12 practicals), Air Blower Test Rig, Refrigeration Test Rig, Heat Exchanger Test Rig (Parallel flow and Counter flow), Engine Smoke meter Analyzer, Hydraulic Power Plant Working Model, Hydraulic Brakes working model, Transparent Hydraulic Trainer, Air Conditioning Test Rig, Gear Pump Test Rig (Digital Electronic Control), Forced Convection Pin Fin Apparatus, Stefan Boltzman Apparatus , Emissivity Apparatus, Geothermal Power Plant Working Model.
3. Worked as a member on the International Scientific Committee of the 6th International Congress on Precision Machining, Liverpool John Moores University, UK, 13-14 September 2011.